The Business of Healthcare
The health care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry with a unique and diverse landscape, within which HLG focuses its efforts on representing health care providers, exclusively. We understand the rapidly changing landscape health care providers must navigate, and the enormous legal and economic challenges along the way. One of HLG’s core focuses is working with our clients to strike a balance between rendering quality patient care and adjusting to the economic challenges the healthcare industry faces, and those on the horizon.
HLG represents individual providers, micro practices, small practices, and large multi-specialty practices. More than legal counsel, we provide value added business solutions our clients depend on in considering the future of their respective practices. We identify for our clients future macro economic trends for
hospital-physician relations and offer strategies to help them prepare for that future.
The changing healthcare environment requires sensible, creative solutions to the pressures facing the industry.
We represent physicians and group practices in:
- Practice sales, mergers, acquisitions and valuations
- General corporate matters, securities issues and structuring issues
- Exclusive service arrangements
- Managed care contracting
- Unwinding practice management and exclusive service arrangements
- Employment contracts, benefits and compensation issues
- Restrictive Covenants (non-compete and non-solicitation agreements)
- Profit sharing plans, benefit plans, retirement and profit-sharing plans
- Shareholder disputes
- Provider-directed start-up ventures, such as ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers
- Joint ventures with hospitals or other interests
- Antitrust and Stark analysis and compliance
- Facilities financing, sales and leasing
- Licensure and certification matters
- Multi-specialty and single-specialty physician group formation
- Risk management and professional liability issues
Contact us to discuss how we can assist you.